Annual "Finance Park" field trip today, where students are handed a life card giving them a family, income, etc. and they have to come up with a budget and pay their bills.  Lots of light bulb moments today...

Student 1: Time to pay bills.  Oh my god, can you believe this is what our parents do every day?
Student 2: I know, I feel so bad for them!  If I was an adult, I'd kill myself.


Boy with $40k annual salary: Ugh, I just can't make my budget balance.  It's 'cause my kid is so expensive.  I'm going to put him up for adoption to a rich single guy like him *points to his neighbor* because he's going on like 10 vacations and I can't go on any.


Boy:  Wait, doesn't my wife make money too?
Volunteer: For the purposes of the simulation, your income is your family's only income.
Boy: What is this crap!?  I didn't sign up for a slacker wife!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment