Community service for 8th graders was due today. They needed 5 hours over the course of the semester. Not surprisingly, many of the kids were an hour (or 2, or 4) short.

1st block:
"Mrs. S, do you have any community service I could do for you?" "When?" "I was thinking during class."
2nd block: "Mrs. S, I'm still short an hour of community service." "Oh, that sucks--should have planned better." "Well, I was thinking...maybe you could like, advance me a service hour? I'll pay you back next week."
3rd block: "Ms. S, I have a proposition for you. If I'm quiet for 30 minutes and don't disrupt anyone, you'll give me 30 minutes of community service." "Yeah, no." (halfway through the period) "You're really regretting turning down that deal, aren't you?"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment