This was almost cute.

The "bad" kids get "Friday"...which is a 3 hour detention after school on Fridays, where you aren't allowed to talk to anyone.  You face a wall and do work for 3 hours, under the supervision of my team teacher.  This whole conversation took place while he was standing approximately 6 feet away.
 
Student: Mrs. S, who's in charge of Friday?
Me: Mr. B.
Student: Really?!?!  'cause uh, I might have it next week.
Me: You might?
Student: Yeah, well...I don't know if I'm on the list or not.
Me: What did you do?
Student: I don't want to tell you.
Me: What did you do?
Student: My guilt is already punishment enough, Mrs. S.
Me: What did you do?
Student: I said a bad word in the hallway.
Me: To a teacher, or a student?
Student: A teacher.  But the teacher doesn't know my name.
Me: What teacher?
Student: I don't know.
Me: Was it a man or a woman?
Student: I think it was a man.  But it might have been a woman.
Me: On this side of the building, or the other?
Student: Over by [other teacher's] room.
Me: Ahh...during passing period?
Student: Coming back from lunch.
Me: Got that, Mr. B?
Mr. B: Welcome to Friday, [student]!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment