I am at a total loss of what to do with my 5th period class. It's a disaster--I have to yell at them daily to get them to keep their mouths shut longer than 10 seconds--and that's not an exaggeration. In an act of desperation, I bought one of these and one of these from the dollar aisle at Target on Friday. Actually, they came from the two-dollar and fifty cent aisle, but that's neither here nor there.

Today, I couldn't have planned it better. A boy walked into class wearing this:



I pulled out my turkey hats. His eyes lit up.

Student: Ms. S, we can wear hats in here!?
Me: Sorry dude, it's against school rules. Put the polar bear away. (Girls are crawling all over him trying to take it from him)
Student: But Ms. S!!!!
Me: Here's the deal guys. The best behaved student tomorrow gets their pick of turkey hats.
*Excited chaos ensues*

We'll see how it goes. On my way out the door, one of my most astute students commented to me:

"Nice bribe, Ms. S"

Why, thank you.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment