In order to teach the distributive property today, we sang a song I found online. It was to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree":

Distribute me, distribute me
Across the whole parentheses
Distribute me, distribute me
Just multiply each term you see

(and so forth)

The kids loved it. A little too much.

Student: OMG MISS S--WE NEED TO GO CHRISTMAS CAROLING NOW!
Student 2: YEAH! LET'S GO SING IT TO THE MATH CLASS NEXT DOOR! (who happened to be taking a test and did not appreciate the noise from my room...oops)

Hah--I need to see if I can't come up with a bunch of math Christmas carols and let the kids who want to go caroling. I think that would be super cute. Or better yet, have the kiddos write the songs themselves.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment