I'm finally learning to joke with the kids :)

So we're learning to solve equations using the distributive property in class. You remember:

a(b+c) = ab+bc

Apparently one of the 7th grade teacher helps kids remember it by calling the number outside the parentheses the "mama", and the numbers inside the "babies". The mama has to "kiss the babies". Someone brought that up in class today, and one boy was not happy with it.

Student: Mama and babies? That's lame.
Me: Okay, call it whatever you want. I don't care what you call it, I just care that you get the right answer.
Student: I'm going to call it "The girl kisses the boys".
Me: Wouldn't you rather "The boy kisses the girls"?
Student: Oh come on. I'm not a player, Mrs. S.

Later...

Me: Okay, now which value do we distribute?
Student: The girl! WAIT--I don't want to distribute the girl--that's gross!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment